Organic Food: Do You Really Need It? This Will Help You Decide!
No one would ingest pesticides given a choice for cleaner food, right? So why doesn’t everyone choose organic food? The main concern with purchasing organic food is cost, because organic farming practices are more expensive than conventional approaches.
“Organic” refers to the way farmers grow and process fruit, vegetables, grains, dairy products and meat. Organic farming meets environmental and sustainability goals to:
- Enhance soil and water quality.
- Reduce pollution.
- Provide safe, healthy livestock habitats.
- Enable natural livestock behavior.
- Promote a self-sustaining cycle of resources on a farm.
Organic farming adheres to a disciplined commitment to growing food and livestock that is not only safe to ingest but is kind to planet Earth. Take a look at what is not permitted in organic farming:
- Synthetic fertilizers to add nutrients to the soil
- Sewage sludge as fertilizer
- Most synthetic pesticides for pest control
- Irradiation to preserve food or to eliminate disease or pests
- Genetic engineering, used to improve disease or pest resistance to improve crop yields
- Antibiotics or growth hormones for livestock
What Everybody Ought To Know About Organic Farming:
organic farming practices may include:
- Plant waste left on fields (known as green manure) livestock manure or compost to improve soil quality.
- Crop rotation to preserve soil quality and to interrupt cycles of pests or disease.
- Mulch to control weeds.
- Predatory insects or insect traps to control pests.
- Certain natural pesticides and a few synthetic pesticides, used only as a last resort in coordination with a U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) organic certifying agent.
- Healthy living conditions and access to the outdoors for livestock.
- Pasture feeding for at least 30 percent of livestock’s nutritional needs during grazing season.
- Organic foods for animals.
Want An Easy Fix For Your Organic Food? Read This!
Whether you decide to go organic or not with your fresh foods, you can rest assured that with the NikkenWellness™ Everyday Organic-Based Weight Management packs designed to promote Active Wellness, you’re getting only organic nutritional supplements. We’re committed to helping you live with optimal health while being kind to planet Earth.
“Take care of your body it’s the only place you have to live”
P.S. If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you!
Until next time I wish you a Happy and Healthy Day!
Connect with Zubair on Facebook
Connect with Zubair on Google +
Follow Zubair on Twitter
Zubair’s Health And Wellness Blog Home Page
To Purchase Health products Click